DEMILITARIZATION AND WASTE DISPOSAL
DEMILITARIZATION MUNITIONS RECYCLING
Full Service Demilitarization Program
A FULL SERVICE DEMILITARIZATION PROGRAM
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems has fifteen years of highly successful experience as a Prime Program Management Contractor for the U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command in its program to reduce and recycle stockpiled munitions. As one of the leading integrated life cycle managers of conventional armament products and services in the world today, we have the ability to focus our Systems Management capabilities to the safe and efficient demilitarization of a wide variety of surplus munition items.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Munition Services provides complete demilitarization and explosive waste disposal services, including; characterization, analysis, transportation, storage, treatment and disposal.
- De-linking ammunition
- Defuzing projectiles
- Pull-apart of ammunition
- Sawing projectiles, warheads and rocket motors
- Disassembly of aircraft flares
- Disassembly of ICM rounds or submunitions
- Disassembly of Cluster Bomb Units and submunitions
- Disassembly of MLRS Rockets, Motors & Warheads
- Hazardous Waste Characterization & Evaluation (on-site if needed)
- Obtaining EPA Hazardous Waste Generator Numbers
- Preparation of Waste Characterization Profiles
- Obtaining DOT classifications and shipping authorizations
- On-Site DOT Compliant Packaging, Labeling, and Marking
- Preparation of Hazardous Waste Manifests and Land Ban Forms
- Transportation Arrangements
Full-Service Program Management
As one of the leading integrated life cycle managers of conventional armament products and services in the world today, we have the ability to focus our systems management capabilities on the safe and efficient demilitarization of a wide variety of surplus munition items.
Our demilitarization program management capabilities represent a comprehensive base of technology andexperience in munitions life cycle management.
We have extensive systems management capabilities in the development and use of new technologies to safely and efficiently recycle these surplus munitions into valuable commercial materials. These technologies include dismantling munitions, metals, and plastics recovery and resale, and recycling explosive materials for commercial reuse.